~The newly launched bar The Hyde is offering guests the world’s finest and exclusive whiskeys and cognacs, most of them from the rarest collections ever produced, collectively worth over £100,000 ~
The Hyde, London’s newest, exclusive public house, at The Royal Park Hotel – a Roseate House Hotel, a luxury boutique hotel comprising three renovated, mid-19th century Grade II listed townhouses, has now expanded its refined luxury experience by introducing a collection of some of the world’s most exclusive, rare and fine Whiskeys and Cognacs behind its counters.
Connoisseurs can sample the selection of fine spirits valued over £100,000, some as old as 125 years, and a few being the last remaining bottles in the world, at The Hyde.
The list of offerings includes:
- North of Scotland 1971: Bottling Note – Only a few bars in the UK have the North of Scotland on sale, as the only way of obtaining it is via auctions. This particular bottle does cannot be found often, and is sold exclusively by private sellers.
- Macallan M Decanter – Only 1750 bottles of this very exclusive whiskey were produced. Its value is further enhanced by the fact that only a limited number of countries are provided an allocation of the Macallan, and The Hyde happens to hold one of the few bottles in London.
- The Balvenie 40 Years Old – Is one of the top 15 most expensive whiskeys in the world, The Hyde Bar is the only bar in the London holding The Balvenie.
- Strathisla 1949 – It is not often that one finds a 1940s-vintage single malt Scotch whisky these days, with this one coming from Strathisla distillery, the oldest highland distillery in Scotland. The Hyde Bar is the only place in London one can sample this.
- Glenlivet 1961 – A very rare and collectable bottle by Gordon & MacPhail, a vintage Glenlivet 1961 is available exclusively at The Hyde.
- Carsebridge 52 Years Old – This very rare bottle of Whisky is available only on auctions from private sellers. However, The Hyde is one of the only few places in the UK which offers this for its customers.
- Old Mock 1916 – An old bottle of historic bourbon brand Old Mock, distilled and bottled at the world famous No.17 distillery in Louisville, Kentucky back in 1916, it was released in 1933, and happens to be a true piece of bourbon history available only at The Hyde.
- Canadian Club 1892 – The Hyde is the only venue in UK with offering the Canadian Club 1892, as most can only be found hidden away with private sellers, popping up once in a blue moon at an auction.
- Old Overholt 6 Years Old 1942 Bottling note –Rarer than Pappy, The Hyde is possibly the only establishment offering the whiskey. Available only from private sellers there are not many left in the world.
- Schenley Reserve 1940 – The finest Whiskey from American shores, one can rarely find it in the UK. It is known to be amongst a handful of 5 star hotels and a few private collectors.
- Tesseron Extreme – One of the last family independents cognac producers bring a very exclusive bottling to the market with only 7 available in UK. After a double distillation in small coal-heated copper pot stills, the eaux-de-vie is of exceptional quality and a character and unrivalled anywhere. This is then slowly aged for over three generations in the prized Limousin oak cask barrels.
- Louis Royer Eloge – Only 300 were ever produced, with 12 allocated in UK of which three bottles belong to Roseate Hotels and Resorts. Every drop of Eloge has been carefully aged for decades in the Paradis Cellar of the house, which has truly enhanced the richness and complexity of the cognac. Eloge is an exquisite and unique Cognac, extraordinarily powerful with both intense and mellow aromatic notes. Its remarkable bouquet unveils a rich and complex “rancio”, the signature aroma of grand old cognacs, and offers an exceptionally long lasting finish and therefore rightly named the Holy Grail for all cognac lovers.
The Hyde invites you to experience a part of history or maybe just celebrate the spirit of life with any of the listed fine, smooth and exclusive whiskeys at offer behind its counters.
The Hyde is open daily for drinks between 12.00pm and 11.00pm. For bookings please contact: +44 (0)20 7479 6600 or visit: www.thehydebar.com